Direct Democracy is mob rule

A place where general ideas can be submitted that could be applied across the board.
other

Re: Direct Democracy is mob rule

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am

yea, I know they vote on things, but how does that insure that a power elite isn't in control like everywhere else? That's the point of your site, right?

You are good computers, right? and you know a lot about computers. What if someone, like me, who knows little about your IT set up started telling you what to do?
You would think I was an idiot, right?

0   0 

this user created by site admin to post messages sent by direct email or posted on this site's facebook account

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am

you're straying. letting joe decide how to run his own life is different than joe telling a politician what to do, because what the politican decides affects joe, so joe has a right of input. the voting would not need to affect complex legal issues, but for example the politicians should not be able to just decide to give themselves another pay rise. after all, their pay comes from joe paying taxes...

0   0 

A snowflake can start an avalanche.
inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:38 am

do you think that war is complicated?

0   0 

this user created by site admin to post messages sent by direct email or posted on this site's facebook account

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:39 am

well, do you have a question for me?

0   0 

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:40 am

i think war is bad and that the US industrial military complex has gotten out of control and needs to be hemmed in. why shouldn't tax payers who end up paying for it not have more of a say in it?

cant think of any questions, i just feel i've been defending my idea against practicallly everyone and dont understand why there is so much negativity against it. it's like people like to be slaves to a system, not have to think, and don't give a shit if the system causes horrible suffering elsewhere, as long as their own ass is taken care of. it makes me sick

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am

Morally they should, I'm trying to make the point that it is impossible to have a useful democracy if we dont' have equal access to or expertise in things that we don't understand

results are reachable by those that control opinion

oligarchs

0   0 

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:41 am

like i said before, i think certain decision making can be more regionalised. if people in a city wanna smoke dope, or walk around naked, let them. too much centralised power, which i believe opens things to abuse. most people are reasonably capable of managing their own households, so why do so many laws have to be made so many miles away?

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am

and they sway opinion and use the political process to benefit themselves

when has this not happened?

0   0 

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am

but i believe it is easier to influence a limited number of politicians than an entire nation of people

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:42 am

it's called lobbying, yea, that't the point Im trying to make, people collude... can never remove self interest
modern day democracy is a cover for oligarchy
I just don't see how everyone can be fully educated enough to make the right decision on many things. And again, you haven't really answered my question: What happens when the majority vote is wrong?

0   0