Direct Democracy is mob rule

A place where general ideas can be submitted that could be applied across the board.
other

Re: Direct Democracy is mob rule

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:28 am

yea, USA is a democracy with only two political parties? if people always vote for percieved improvement, is that improvement equally acknowleged as the truth?

Do people vote along party lines, and if they do, what does that mean?

0   0 

this user created by site admin to post messages sent by direct email or posted on this site's facebook account

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:29 am

I'm not interested how things are but how they can be. If people go sedate and just ride the status quo, no wonder our asses get raped by the powerful. I suggest introducing a fourth branch of government and allow average Joe at least to have his input on daily decisions, not just once every four years. This type of representative democracy is simply not working as planned, and the fathers had no clue about the internet, for example

0   0 

A snowflake can start an avalanche.
inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:29 am

what happens when the majority is wrong?

0   0 

this user created by site admin to post messages sent by direct email or posted on this site's facebook account

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 am

For that I propose the customary three branches of government can kick in and start a discussion with and educating the people, but I definitely think the people should get engaged more and the internet now allows that. I'm surprised that no one has tried to start this before. It has been burning in my head since even back in prague

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:30 am

well, there's a lot of polls that try to people's opinions, on line too, like Quoara

i like your idea, though, it would be fun to vote in mass anyway, have to make it a show on important issues,

0   0 

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 am

Yah, like voting whether to go to war, for example. I find polls are limited. My thing [this forum] is still in development, but a start

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:31 am

i also like the idea of creating an online shadow government that was able to claim some legitimacy by using opinion research on line

but if the world ever becomes truly democratic then china will rule, cause we aint got the votes

0   0 

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:32 am

I'm for regionalisation and away from complete unification. Let the people live according to their own will (without allowing them to hurt others of course)

0   0 

inspiration

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:32 am

I like how Musk tweeted a question if he should start some company where people could vote on and research the lies of the media, giving or taking credibility from them. Nobody is policing them properly and it is causing so many problems. I have always said that to be a responsible citizen you should be an investigative journalist. Now most are conditioned to think that anyone expressing dissidence (the cornerstone of democracy according to the founding Greeks), they are automatically labeled a conspiracy theorist

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:33 am

main stream media losing control of narrative(fables we tell ourselves/history,) due to internet, but with so much information, more than ever, people have a need to be told what is true, along with the corollary of how to think. As Plato(?) said: Who will police the policemen? Who, and how, will we decide what is true if we get all our information online?

And once everything is online, novels, history, photos, who will have the ability to edit or alter that?
open source, something like wiki ?

0   0