Direct Democracy is mob rule

A place where general ideas can be submitted that could be applied across the board.
other

Direct Democracy is mob rule

Post by other » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:59 pm

A republic or representative democracy is better because educated lawmakers make the important decisions. Average Joe is not smart enough to get involved.

[This thread was drawn from discussions on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/arealdemocracy/]

Jim - That doesn't sound like democracy to me it sounds more like "mob rule'.!! Democracy can't exist without a constitution or the rule of law. Those politicians that you love to hate have only one purpose and that is to defend your rights. If they aren't doing that then they aren't doing their job. Find politicians who will defend the Constitution and elect them otherwise you are just heading for another revolution.

0   0 

this user created by site admin to post messages sent by direct email or posted on this site's facebook account

madmin
Site Admin

Re: Direct Democracy is mob rule

Post by madmin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:01 pm

that is why i suggested a mechanism where let's say congress and the senate still exist, but there would be a third direct democracy layer, where anyone could submit an idea and the rest vote on it. there could be some lawfully inscribed limit when a certain percentage of the population vote up an idea, it has to be considered, or when perhaps a higher percentage agree, it has to pass through. if there is some "mob rule" irrational vote up, the politicians could then explain to the population the negative merits of such a decision and it could go back and forth. i'm rather tired of the thought that average joe is such a doorknob that they cannot be given the responsibility of deciding for themselves. we all manage our own lives fine enough. and politicians generally DONT do what they promised and it's a total sham.

0   0 

A snowflake can start an avalanche.
inspiration

other

Post by other » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:02 pm

Dwayne - We live by a Republic, not a democracy, let’s start by getting it right, why I think we have way too many leftists in this country.

0   0 

this user created by site admin to post messages sent by direct email or posted on this site's facebook account

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:03 pm

that's nice you like to be ruled. me not. do you like your ass to be wiped for you too? i don't need other people telling me how to live my own life, or what i can put into my own body, for example.

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Dwayne - Alright Comrade Kosman; apparently you failed at your own statement; you must like having your butt wiped; in a democracy, the majority rules over the minority, so if you happened to be in the minority, guess what.

0   0 

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 pm

that's another thing i disagree with: if everyone else within a certain territory agrees that dope should be illegal, it is still my own body and a plant, so really it is none of anyone else's business. even the bible says that God gave all seed bearing plants as food. so certain fundamental things should be hands off. then i believe that people should be able to create their own regions, and decide for themselves how they want to live. sure, certain things should be universal, like a person cannot be harmed by another (and therefore a need for a police force and legal system). one person in this thread says you live in a republic and not a democracy. who cares what you call it. i'm not the type to just resign and say, "oh well, that's just the way it is", when i see room for what i deem improvement.

0   0 

inspiration

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:04 pm

and what do you mean by "there are too many lefties in your country"? do you propose to kill them because they oppose your opinion?

0   0 

inspiration

other

Post by other » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Dwayne - Hey, those FEMA camps comes to mind, they are all communist and working on the destruction of this great nation.

0   0 

other

Post by other » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 pm

Dwayne - Regarding the Lord, he gave us free-will to choose, some chooses poorly, based on self-gratification, greed and corruption, so you lose.

0   0 

madmin
Site Admin

Post by madmin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:05 pm

yes, but that should be my choice. i don't need any government telling me what is good or not good for me. grass is finally coming into the limelight for its powerful medicinal qualities. it also makes better, stronger and biodegradeable plastic, cotton, paper, concrete, fuel and more. these are the reasons it was made illegal. you probably know nothing about it and just repeat the government's lies. to compare it to heroin is a complete joke and alcohol is much more destructive.

0   0 

inspiration